March 1, 2017Recipes
- Oats – 2 cups
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Grated Carrot – ½ cup
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1 tsp
- Chopped green chili – 2
- Curry leaves a spring
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Dry roast oats in a pan. Allow it to cool down and grind it into a fine powder in blender.
- Take a bowl and add ground oats powder, semolina, salt and curd. Then add water gradually to for thick batter.
- Now heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, after it splutters, add urad dal when it turns golden brown add chopped green chili and curry leaves. Then add this to the oats batter along with baking soda and mix well.
- Now heat water in idly pot and grease the idly mold with oil. Pour oats batter in each mold and steam it for 10 minutes in idly pot. Then with a spoon take each idly from the mold and serve it hot with chutney and sambar.
- Dry roast oats in low flame without burning them.
- Make sure the batter is thick which will yield fluffy idli. So add water little by little.
- Steam it for 10 minutes and put off the flame and keep it unopened for 5 minutes then remove it from idli pot and allow the idli to cool down in the idli mold for 5 more minutes which will help to retain shape and structure.